Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Greatest Musical Band in the World By Far...

is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! I saw them last night at the Target Center in Minneapolis, and they were so mind-blowingly awesome, that you really MUST see and experience the show to appreciate the greatness of it.

Music: Best music and performances I've ever heard (there are at least 20 or so musicians and singers!)
Lights/Lasers: By far the best you'll ever see
Pyro: Best you'll ever see

The band was originally started as an outgrowth of the heavy metal band Savatage. The band's creative leader, Paul O'Neill, is a modern day musical genius, successfully blending rock, metal, classical, blues, and jazz, with lyrics that at times are sheer poetry, into an eclectic amalgamation that is sheer bliss.

They are steadily gaining in popularity (not that this proves anything) and were the 2nd largest grossing concert tour in the U.S. in 2004.

The TSO's home page is here

Here are links to some concert reviews:

Clarion Ledger

St. Louis Today

SoulShine

Wisconsin State Journal

2 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

I like them also. May not have paid them too much mind had they stayed in the heavy metal genre, as I just don't enjoy most of that style. I have liked TSO since the first time I heard them, after having also fell in love with Mannheim Steamroller. I have a hard time deciding who I like more, but TSO almost always comes out on top.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Nikole Hill said...

Have you ever listened to Apocalyptica? They are a group of Finnish celloists, but they play rock music. It's amazing.

I enjoy TSO a lot as well, although I have not had the privelidge of seeing them in concert (yet!).

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home